Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review: Guylain Easter Eggs

With Easter fast approaching, my girls keep chatting about Easter eggs and which ones they fancy this year. Oh yes it is hotly debated in our house whether a cream egg one is better than a twix!  I have to say that I don't get involved in the conversations as I would happily eat them all, what with me being a bit of a chocoholic!

My favourite though is really good quality chocolate and I have a particular liking for Guylain chocolates, everyone knows the classic Belgium seashell chocolates and yes I really like those praline treats but the ones that really rock my world are La Trufflina, the super smooth truffles. Anyway I'm getting side tracked as I've not been tasting those tonight.

No, tonight I introduced my 5 year old girls to the joys of Belgium Guylain chocolates and they gave me a big thumbs up!  Miss M really liked the praline seashorses and Miss E preferred the trufle perlines.

This year Guylain have got three special products for Easter, two eggs of varying sizes and a box of mini eggs. I was sent the two eggs as samples to try out and I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised at the price of them, I had expected them to be far more.

The large Guylain egg (378g) which is accompanied by a good sized box (24 full size chocolates to be precise) has an RRP of £10.99. It is great as it gives good variety with 8 seashorses, 8 perlines and 8 chocolates from the Opus range. When you look at the packaging you can tel you are buying a premium product as the egg is really well presented and would be a pleasure to give as a gift.

There is also a smaller Guylain egg (245g) which has a box of seashells with it and that has an RRP of just £5.99, this one we are going to give away to a lovely lady who is always really kind to our family.


The other product in the Easter range is a box of mini filled eggs, each is individually wrapped and has a choice of three fillings - milk chocolate praline, milk chocolate truffle and dark chocolate praline - yummy!  These would make super eggs for an Easter egg hunt and the retail price is just £3.49.

You can buy these products at the big supermarkets, when I had a brief look I saw Asda was selling the big egg for £10 and Sainsburys the smaller one for £6.00.

Would I recommend them?   Oh yes, if you want to give someone a nice treat and show them they are loved at Easter, this is a great way to do that.

If you fancy finding out more about the history of Guylain or how the quality choloates are made then do head over and check out their website. You can also follow them on Twitter and Facebook too.

Disclosure:  I was sent these eggs free of charge, I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x