Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Sunday 14 April 2013

Review: Butlins Minehead - Silver Bungalow

We enjoyed staying at Butlins Minehead over Easter and I was so pleasantly surprised by the standard of silver accommodation nowadays that I l felt I had to blog and share with you.

I have stayed at Butlins at least 20 times now, so I am no stranger to what they offer and one of the things I love about Butlins is that they are continually updating their accommodation, but I feel this last upgrade has been a real steep improvement.

Butlins offer standard, silver, gold and deluxe accommodation and for what we stayed in being the second to bottom grade I think it presents amazing value for money.

Have a look -


Things we loved -

  • Modern furnishings
  • Iron and ironing board in each chalet
  • Newly refurbished bathroom with a great power shower
  • Heated towel rail 
  • Comfortable beds and really decent duvets and pillows (and enough of them)
  • Comfy leather sofas x 2
  • Good heating in the chalet, which we could control and was included in the price
  • Large dining table, big enough for 6 to comfortably eat at
  • Hairdryer in the drawer in the bedroom
  • Towels were provided
  • The kitchen is really well equipped with cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils etc - all of a good quality too
  • You get a welcome pack on arrival with tea/ coffee etc and also washing up cloth, tea towel
  • Flat screen TV in the lounge
  • Really well lit outside at night time


 and a peek into the kitchen -
What could be improved?
  • The outside of the chalets still do look very 1970's and some need maintenance attention, our door was a little rickety
  • A couple of the wardrobe doors do not close properly, they are built in and just need planing off so they fully shut
  • At times the TV tuning was a bit out and we had a bit of fuzz, however I know from our experience whilst I was there that if I had reported it to reception someone would have been round quickly to sort it out for us.
I can happily say that we would most definitely stay in a silver bungalow again, as the standard you receive for the price you pay is very good.

I'm rating the Butlins Minehead Silver Bungalow accommodation as 9/10

Take a look at another article of mine over on Mummy from the Heart, helping you choose from all the accommodation options.

Disclosure: I have a relationship with Butlins as I am one of their Mumbassadors, which means I will review their new hotel at Bognor Regis in May. However my family paid full price for this break and my review is honest and impartial. Butlins were kind enough to upgrade us from standard to silver accommodation.

3 comments:

  1. lovely review. You must love Butlins to pay for break when you have one coming up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do always have a fabulous time there! It was for Spring Harvest thought which is our big Christian conference we go to.

      Mich x

      Delete
  2. I've thought a few times about going but was worried we'd get there and hate the accommodation. I think I had visions of 1980s caravans. It's nice to know it's not like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x