Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Monday 29 April 2013

Review: Robosapien (Family DVD)


I sat the other day and watched a great movie with the kids, we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Robosapien reminded me of a modern day 'Short Circuit', the film I grew up loving in the 1980's. The robot character is cute and really endearing, all my children now want their own robot best friend!

Not only that but the other central characters in the plot are likable and well acted too. Henry is a little boy who running away from the school bullies jumps in a dumpster to hide and finds Robosapien all broken up. Being the smartest kid in school he is able to fix Robosapien and names him Cody. From there Cody and Henry form a firm friendship and you watch Henry grow and mature with the confidence boast from his new mate.

Of course Cody is no ordinary toy robot, he is a highly intelligent search and rescue robot that has been set free by his inventor so that the evil Kinetech Labs can not use him for military purposes. I won't give too much away but the rest of the film is a tale of friendship and good fighting evil. You can feel the love between Cody and Henry and Cody very much becomes part of Henry's family.


This movie contains a bit of everything - fun, action scenes, a love story. I kid you not when I say that this will become a firm favourite with my children, especially my near 6 year old twin girls. They have already watched it a few times. The film was sold to me as being aimed at 5010 year old's but I think the appeal is wider than that, it really is very good and watchable.

There is a limited cinema release with it showing at Empire Juniors on 4th and 5th May.

Robosapien the movie is based on the popular toy range of the same name.

Take a look at the trailer -



Film Details - 
Run time:  85 minutes
Rating:   PG
Release Date:  28th May 2013 in the UK
Staring: Robbie Coleman, Penelope Ann Miller, David Eigenberg and Jae Head

You can pre-order the DVD on Amazon now for the great price of just £9.75 for the DVD

I was provided with this DVD free of charge for the purposes of this review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x