Home About Me My Faith Contact Me Work with Me PR Mummy from the Heart

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Review: Space inspired metallic nail polish from BD at Tesco

I was super happy to receive some sample nail polishes from the BD range at Tesco this last week. I have a bit of a love/ hate relationship with nail polish and sometimes I'm very into it and re-do my nails each week and other times I just can't be bothered.

Once of the joys of having moved to the countryside is that I have some time on my hands at the moment, so why not sit down and paint my nails? When my samples arrived I thought they were so gorgeous that I started to try them out straight away -


I ended up with a hand of different coloured nails and then went on the school run with just one hand done and after a comment or two about how nice they were I did the other hand to match. I can't say I normally go out with multi coloured nails - but why not, I'm not that old yet!

My favourite colours were the Space Sparkle and Moondust, they look much more metallic in real-life than they do in my photo. The polish went on well and I just needed two coats for a good coverage. I didn't use any base or top coat and thus I did find I got some chipping after a couple of days but then I was busy with housework and such. I really liked the fact that the polish is very quick drying.

I found the colours came off easily when I used a remover soaked cotton wool ball and held it on the nail for 30 seconds and then wiped, I was pleased that there was not any staining even from the darkest colours and with a wipe all the sparkle came off too.

My Mum was here as well and she liked the Space sparkle too, so that just shows it has appeal for many ages.


My 6 year old twin girls have also tried out most of the colours over the weekend and I will for sure be wearing Moondust this Friday for the MAD blog awards.

These nail polish retail for £5.00 for a 11ml bottle. I think the little square bottles and holographic tops are very cute and the price is just right. You can order online or buy at Tesco stores across the country.

Disclosure: I was sent a selection of nail polishes for the purpose of their review. I have not been instructed what to write and I remain honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I will respond real soon. Mich x